Thursday 20 March 2014

Resin and polymer clay

I love polymer clay and resin but only recently thought about using them both together.

I had a design in mind so started off by selecting blue, green and orange polymer clay. I added the blue clay first to the pendant blank and then added the green parts...can you guess what it is yet? lol

Thats right its under the sea so I just needed to add a fish and some more sea weed
.

Looking good so far, don't you think?  I then baked the polymer clay in the oven at 110c for 30 mins. Once you take it out the pendant blank is very hot so be careful. Once it was cooled down I then added the resin.

I used clear resin and then added some small seed beads to represent bubbles. Then I left it to dry overnight.

Here the final result.  I love how it looks and think the resin makes it look more like water/glass.

This one off piece of resin and polymer clay jewellery is now available in my etsy shop :)

Karen x



No comments:

Post a Comment